The CopyShop is proud of being a sustainable print shop. Sustainability has never been more important in today’s print production world and within QMUL.
We ensure that all our suppliers have the same ethos as ourselves and have the correct accreditations in place.
Who are our main suppliers?
The CopyShop runs a fleet of advanced Canon production and large format printers.
QMUL approved paper for everyday use!
Paper used within the CopyShop
All paper used by the CopyShop conforms to the following accreditations below. There is a little more flexibility to meet the needs of bespoke products but certified standards still apply.
|Sustainable Resources||100% Recycled Paper|
- ISO-9001:2000 Proof of quality system for ”production and distribution of office and printing papers”. Performed by an audit, proof has been furnished that the requirements according to DIN EN ISO 9001 are fulfilled.
- ISO-14001 Proof of environmental system for ”production and distribution of office and printing papers”. Performed by an audit, proof has been furnished that the requirements according to DIN EN ISO 14001 are fulfilled.
- DIN EN 12281 Printing and business paper - Requirements for copy paper for dry toner imaging processes. The paper manufacturer has to state that the control of the production takes care about migration of certain impurities which will have negative impact on xerographic machines.
- FSC 'FSC' stands for Forest Stewardship Council, an organisation that works to promote the practice of sustainable forestry worldwide.
- NAPM National Association of Paper Merchant
Tips for more sustainable printing
Printing is an area where almost everyone can make a difference to the environmental impact of the University - saving paper, electricity, waste and also money- through some easy steps given below:
Think Before You Print
- Print less - try and print less documents and always print in mono where possible. Reducing printing generally reduces the use of paper, energy and money. Share copies of printouts if you can, especially longer documents.
- Use PDFs where possible - Electronic alternatives to printing are available, you can scan you documents to PDFs and email back to yourself from any MDF.
- Reduce paper usage – MFDs are set to print on both sides of the paper, you can even print several pages per side of paper. For example, in the Microsoft Office print dialogue box, under Zoom, set Pages per Sheet to 2. However the text size will be smaller and will not be readable by everyone, so this would not be suitable for sharing documents e.g. submitted essays, meeting papers etc.
- Bulk printing – it is time consuming and expensive to print large volumes on the Fleet MFDs, use your CopyShop! Remember, using your CopyShop and help make a difference. You will save time and money while achieving a more professional result.
Remember, use your CopyShop and help make a difference. You will save time and money while achieving a more professional result.